4 miles from Adger
Are you imagining a vacation home in the Blue Ridge mountains with incredible 180-degree views of Rumbling Bald Mountain and the ability to arrive at the home without having to travel on treacherous mountain or gravel roads? Smith Treehouse can be found with an easy drive up NC Highway 9 into the gated Stonecrest community in Mill Spring, just 20 minutes to Tryon Equestrian Center and 10 minutes into Lake Lure, NC. You may not need to relax after such an easy drive, however we are certain that the hot tub perched on the back deck high above the trees, overlooking the Blue Ridge foothills will be enticing! Enough about the views, this 3-bedroom home has all the modern touches; a sizable kitchen with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, ample bedrooms, unique bathrooms, reclining sofas and a deck with big views! A fabulous space to gather friends and family!
This newly constructed carriage-style house has a spacious master on the main with ensuite bathroom and separate laundry closet, upstairs guests will find a large, open floor plan living area, 2 additional bedrooms, a sizable, well stocked kitchen, a second, full bathroom, an elevated outdoor deck complete with an inviting hot tub. Outside, this home has a swing set/play area for the youngsters and a gazebo what shows off the stunning view.
- Master on the Main with queen size bed, full bathroom with step in shower, and a separate laundry closet,
- Main living space upstairs with open concept kitchen, living and dining room,
- Two upstairs bedrooms, one hosts a queen bed, the other a full/twin bunk bed,
- A full bathroom upstairs with step-in tiled shower stall,
- Large, elevated deck with private hot tub looking past the treetops to the Blue Ridge Mountain foothills,
- Available April thru Mid-November every year, please call if interested in off season, Owners will consider,
- Two car garage on first floor is not part of the rental area.
WINTER RESERVATIONS; Please note that the driveway is very steep. Any time inclement weather is anticipated or occurs, you must park your car at the main road and walk to the home. We highly recommend trip interruption insurance should you be travelling during the winter months.
Stonecrest is a gated community located in the North Carolina Foothills nestled between the quaint town of Lake Lure, famous for the scenes filmed there for the movie Dirty Dancing and Tyron, NC. This private community offers an easy drive, stunning mountain views, is far enough away for peace and privacy and yet a new Ingles grocery store is 2.5 miles away. There are several restaurants, such as Larkins on the Lake or Medinas Village Bistro, that are just a short drive away.
14 miles to Tryon Equestrian Center
6 miles to Lake Lure, NC
4 miles to the Rumbling Bald Resort
24 miles to Hendersonville, NC
32 miles to Asheville, NC via Hwy 74
34 miles to the Biltmore Estate
39 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
45 miles to Greenville/Spartanburg International Airport (GVL)
80 miles to Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT)
Access to Rumbling Bald Resort amenities:
Rumbling Bald Resort is a picturesque gated community that takes is name from the beautiful Rumbling Bald Mountain whose towering cliffs overlook the pristine Lake Lure. This community has many amenities that are sure to please every family member, visit Rumbling Bald Resort website for specifics. Please note some amenities are seasonal and additional fees may apply;
- Fitness classes
- Hiking and Biking trails - The Buffalo Creek Park Trail System offers over 5 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails in and around the resort
- Fitness Trail - outdoor .9-mile loop with 5 workout stations
- Basketball, Tennis and Pickle Ball Courts
- Miniature Golf
- North Shore Beach - offers a private, sandy beach, an ice cream shop, scenic cruises on the lake, boat rentals and a casual to upscale restaurant, Legends on the Lake, overlooking the lake. Boat rentals to include pontoon boats, pedal boats, kayaks, canoes and or SUP boards.
- Trout Stream Pool and Lazy River - 2 outdoor pools with covered seating, sand volleyball court, restrooms, changing rooms, and a snack bar. Tubs must be purchase at the concession stand or bring your own tube for the lazy river.
- Wellness Center - indoor pool, whirlpool, steam room and dry sauna
- Apple Valley Pool
- Golf - two championship golf courses; Apple Valley and Bald Mountain
- Four restaurants, from casual to upscale, to include Legends on the Lake, Bear's Den, The Gardens and Pinnacle BBQ & Southern Kitchen
- The Spa and Salon at Rumbling Bald Resort
- Kids Adventure Camp - day camp for children 6-18, summer, seasonal
- Horseback riding
The Local Excursions:
It would be a shame not to enjoy all the outdoor adventures Polk County or the neighboring counties of the Rutherford, Henderson and Buncombe has to offer, including parks, walking tours, hiking, road biking, swimming, fishing, camping, zip lining, and whitewater adventures.
Tryon, South Carolina offers world-class equine veterinary, boarding, and training facilities. The town has probably been best known for its Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE), an educational and recreational center that provides programs in nature study, outdoor recreation, and equestrian competition. The Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) features 10 riding arenas, over 1,000 permanent stalls, elevated and shaded viewing decks, restaurants, family activities, boutiques, and is adding much more. TIEC was chosen as the host of the 2018 World Equine Games set to begin on September 11 - September 23, 2018.
The Biltmore Estate is a huge draw for the area and will provide a full day excursion please inquire about our discounted Biltmore Tickets!
We can go on and on about activities . . . WNC is so rich in culture, festivals, history, restaurants, breweries and the big, beautiful outdoors. Please ask us anything about your visit to the area. We have many suggestions and if we don't know, we are happy to find out for you!